2 teaspoons olive oil
1¼ pounds lean ground beef
1½ cups jarred salsa
1 cup frozen white corn, kept frozen until ready to use
1½ cups shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup light sour cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the beef and cook for 5 minutes, until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
4. Drain away any fat from the bottom of the pan.
5. Season the beef with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Stir in salsa, corn, 1 cup of the cheese and the sour cream.
7. Mix well and transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish.
8. Top the beef mixture with remaining ½ cup of cheese.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.