Cornbread Salsa Bake
1 box (8½ ounces) corn muffin mix
1 large egg
⅓ cup milk
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup thick and chunky salsa
1 cup (4 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, combine muffin mix, egg and milk; stirring just until moistened.
2. Spread in a sprayed 8" x 8" baking dish.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
4. Lightly brown ground beef; drain off fat.
5. Add salsa and simmer 7 to 8 minutes or until excess liquid has cooked off.
6. Pour over baked cornbread.
7. Sprinkle with cheese.
8. Return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
Optional: Serve additional salsa to spoon over the top.
Try one of our favorite 4 to 7 Ingredient Meals:
- Bow Tie Bolognese
- Latin Stuffed Peppers
- Beef and Broccoli Noodle Bowl
- Stovetop Lasagna
- Teriyaki Beef and Noodles
- Mozzarella Beef Sandwiches and Seasoned Broccoli
- Chili Burgers and Buttered Corn on the Cob
- Savory Beef and Noodles
- Beef Fried Rice Recipe
- Taco Sandwiches
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
- Pepper Steak with Potatoes
- Quick and Easy Chili
- Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
- Cornbread Hamburger Pie
- Greek Style Pasta
- Skillet Shepherds Pie
- Skillet Beef Pot Pie
- Mini Meat Loaf Recipe
- Quick and Easy Sloppy Joes from Scratch
- Steak with Onions and Broccoli
- Quick and Easy Italian Pepper Steak
- Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry
- Salisbury Steaks with Buttered Egg Noodles
- Penne with Asparagus and Parmesan
- Sesame Shrimp with Snow Peas and Baby Corn
- Herbed Crusted Shrimp with Oven Fries
- Country Bean Casserole
- Depression Meat Loaf
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas and Recipes
- 4 to 7 Ingredient Dinner Recipes
- 30 Minute Meals
- Dinner Meal Plans
- Crock Pot Recipes
- Freezer Cooking Recipes
- Easy Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Mama Shirleys Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes