1 pound lean ground beef
½ of 28 ounce package(about 3½ cups) frozen diced hash brown potatoes with onion & peppers
1- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
1- 14½ ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces )
1. In large skillet cook ground beef over medium-high heat until brown.
2. Drain off fat.
3. In 3½ - 4 quart slow cooker combine meat, frozen potatoes, tomato sauce and undrained tomatoes.
4. Cover and cook low-heat, set for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat set for 3 to 4 hours.
5. Remove liner from cooker or turn off cooker.
6. Sprinkle meat mixture with shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Let stand, covered, about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.