Baby Names Home
Baby Boy Names A to Z Listing
Baby Girl Names A to Z Listing
Popular Twin Baby Boy Names
Popular Twin Baby Girl Names
Popular Baby Boy Names by State
Popular Baby Girl Names by State
Unique Baby Names
Top 100 Baby Names
Popular Baby Names by Year
Rare Baby Names
Cute Baby Names
Unusual Cute Baby Names
Meaning of Baby Names
Baby Middle Names
Naming Baby Girls
Baby Boy Names Lists
Baby Girl Names Lists
If you're thinking you want to name your child after a star like Marilyn (Monroe, not Manson), you might want to be careful. Stars are notorious for giving odd names to their children, and you don't want to get sucked into that. It seems that some people don't stop to think how the kid might feel about the name or how many other kids might like to tease them.
You also might want to be careful if you just have a great idea for unique baby names or if you want your child to have a name that's 'not like everyone else's. Some people even change their name later in life because they can't handle the name they were born with. You don't want your kid to feel the need to do that, so don't give them a crazy name right at first.
On the other hand, if your parents were kind enough to give you an easy to pronounce name, don't change it!! It does not make you more interesting to have a name no one can say. Nor does it make people think you are unique if you change your name to a comic book character. It only makes them question your sanity.
Some of the interesting names that are coming out today prompt us to ask: what were they thinking??
1. Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined. Some young (and possibly insane) British teenager actually legally changed his name to this long and ridiculous moniker. He says that most people just call him 'Captain.'
2. Depressed Cupboard Cheesecake. Ah, the British. A charming couple in Kent, England chose this name for their baby. We don't know if it belongs to a baby girl or boy, but we bet that he or she is currently in therapy.
3. Trout Fishing in America. He was born Peter Eastman, Jr., but he changed it. He just loved the novella that much. Plus...it was only $182.
4. Optimus Prime. The Transformers character is so popular that a National Guardsman actually changed his name to this, legally, and has no intention to change it back.
5. They. Yep. Just 'They.' He was Andrew Wilson. In 2004 he legally became 'They.' Now you know who the they is they're always talking about...It's just that guy Andy from Missouri. Weird.
6. Superman. A New Zealand couple named their baby boy this, but that's not the worst part. The worst part is that was their second choice. Their first choice was '4Real.' Really.
7. Sarah McCain Palin. Umm they lost, remember?
8. Kayciance Clarita-jayne. K-Séance is the pronunciation, and you would think that they could have at least capitalized 'Jayne.'
9. Sunshine Deathray. Ok. We can get behind the idea of sunshine. Even rays of sunshine , but deathrays? No.
10. Aksel. Sure. Like Axl Rose from Guns-n-Roses, or like the axle on your car, or what?
11. Razziel. Were they trying for something that sounded like a Biblical Archangel or something? If they were, they failed at their task. Could it get more pathetic?
Actually, yes it could get more pathetic. These are only eleven of the way-too-many bizarre, obnoxious, and downright terrible names that are out there. Some of these people did this to themselves, but most were innocent victims. Please, people. Name your children carefully, and make sure you're sober at the time!
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.