• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 6 small garlic cloves
• 1/2 cup shelled natural pistachio nuts
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
• 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
• 1 pound bow tie pasta
• Garnish: green onion sprigs and cherry tomatoes
In a large pot boil chicken breasts covered in water for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Drain, and set aside chicken to cool. Chop into bite size pieces. In a food processor, chop the garlic finely.
With motor running, add pistachios, Parmesan, oil, basil, soy sauce and Tabasco until it reaches a smooth puree.
In a large pot of boiling water, cook the bow tie pasta approximately 11 minutes or until al dente. Drain well.
In extra large bowl, toss the pasta with the pesto. Stir in chicken. Let salad cool about 30 minutes, garnish and serve.
Makes 8 servings.
• 1 box bowtie pasta
• 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
• 8 Italian sweet peppers
• 1 bunch green onions
• 1 can reduced-sodium (LeSeur brand) peas
• 1 bag shredded carrots
• 1 large bunch fresh dill weed
• 1 1/2 to 2 cups of Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
• 1 package grape tomatoes
Cook bowtie pasta to desired tenderness. Drain, rinse and cool completely.
Peel and seed cucumber and peppers, and dice into bite sized pieces. Clean and chop green onions.
Drain peas. Toss all together with cooled pasta and shredded carrots; add Miracle Whip and mix well.
Chop desired amount of dill weed and add to salad. Wash tomatoes and use them to top salad. Chill well before serving.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
• 1 7-oz box macaroni and cheese, prepared as directed on package, but omitting butter or margarine
• 1 cup diced tomatoes, seeds removed and well drained
• 1 cup peeled, seeded, & diced cucumber, drained on paper towels for a few minutes
• 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1 4-oz can sliced black olives, drained
• 1/2 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
• 4 or 5 curly (leaf) lettuce leaves
Cool macaroni and cheese to room temperature.
Meanwhile, stir remaining ingredients, except lettuce leaves, together in a large bowl.
Fold in macaroni and cheese. Cover and chill one hour.
Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Spoon salad on top. Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!