A luscious banana puree keeps it moist, and the sinfully delicious cream cheese frosting envelops the golden hued cake.
The aroma of vanilla and bananas will permeate your kitchen, tempting you to eat dessert first. Don't give in! This is one cake that's worth getting through a meal for. Don't settle for imitations, or internet clones...bake the best, our Banana Cake Recipe.
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon baking soda (add to pureed bananas)
3 pureed bananas, very ripe
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 stick butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 box powdered sugar (1 lb.)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13" baking pan or two 9" layer cake pans.
2. Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Sift flour several times, then add the salt and baking powder to the flour.
3. To the creamed butter mixture, add the milk and flour (alternating, beginning and ending with flour).
4. Add vanilla and mashed bananas (with the baking soda added to the bananas) to this mixture.
5. Bake layer cakes (9") for 25-30 minutes, oblong (9x13") for 35-40 minutes.
1. Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, add sugar and vanilla and blend well. Spread on cooled cake.