1 1/4 cup Butter
1 1/2 cup Confectioner's Sugar
3 cups Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup cocoa (for HALF the dough)
1. Mix butter, sugar and egg. Stir in flour and salt. Divide dough in half. Stir 1/4 cocoa into HALF the dough. Refrigerate one hour.
2. On a floured pastry cloth, roll plain dough into a rectangle 16 x 19 inches. Roll chocolate dough the same size. Place on top.
3. Roll out BOTH doughs until 3/16 inch thick. Starting at the long edge, roll doughs into a log. Wrap and chill for one hour or longer.
4. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice into 1/8" slices. If dough crumbles while slicing, let it warm a bit.
5. Place 1" apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake about 8 minutes until set, but not brown. Remove from sheets immediately and cool on racks.
Christmas Cookie Recipes Index
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!