1 tablespoon butter
10 slices bacon
1 onion, diced
5 cups baby spinach
10 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup half-and-half
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Grease the slow cooker with butter; set aside.
2. Cook bacon in a large pan until crisp; set aside on paper towels to cool. Reserve bacon fat.
3. In reserved fat, sauté onion until softened. Add spinach and cover until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, cheese, onion, spinach, and pepper. Add to slow cooker.
5. Crumble the bacon on top.
6. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Do not overcook or quiche will be dry.
Note: This recipe can be halved and cooked in a 3-quart slow cooker for 2 to 2 1/2 hours on low.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.