1 tablespoon butter
10 slices bacon
1 onion, diced
5 cups baby spinach
10 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup half-and-half
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Grease the slow cooker with butter; set aside.
2. Cook bacon in a large pan until crisp; set aside on paper towels to cool. Reserve bacon fat.
3. In reserved fat, sauté onion until softened. Add spinach and cover until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, cheese, onion, spinach, and pepper. Add to slow cooker.
5. Crumble the bacon on top.
6. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Do not overcook or quiche will be dry.
Note: This recipe can be halved and cooked in a 3-quart slow cooker for 2 to 2 1/2 hours on low.