For EACH batch:
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon canola oil
¼ cup light corn syrup
¼ teaspoon liquid food coloring (add more for darker colors, less for lighter colors)
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
⅓ cup unpopped popcorn kernels
1. In a large microwave safe glass bowl, melt butter for 30-40 seconds until melted.
2. Add oil, corn syrup, food coloring, and salt. Mix well.
3. Add unpopped kernels and stir well, making sure each kernel is coated well.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, allowing venting. Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
5. Once popped, pour the popcorn on a sheet of waxed paper and cool. Allow bowl to cool slightly between batches and wipe clean with a wet paper towel. Repeat for additional colors.