2 (12 ounce) packages breakfast sausage links
1 cup chopped green onions
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 (4 ounce) can diced mild green chilies
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 (30 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns
1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1. Cook sausage according to package directions. Cut into small pieces and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the green onions, pepper, chilies, and cilantro; set aside.
3. Spray a 5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer ⅓ of the hash browns, sausage, green onion mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers twice.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; pour over casserole.
5. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!