CROCK POT SWEET AND SOUR PORK
4-6 pork shoulder steaks
1 Tablespoon cooking oil
1 can (15 oz.) crushed pineapple
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1 Tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
3 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1. In skillet, brown pork steaks on both sides in hot oil. Drain fat. Transfer to crock pot.
2. In a bowl, combine pineapple, green pepper, water, brown sugar, ketchup, tapioca, soy sauce and dry mustard. Pour over pork steaks.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Serve over rice.
CROCK POT SQUASH AND PORK CHOPS
6 thick pork chops
2 medium acorn squash
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet or browning sauce
1 Tablespoon orange juice
1/2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
1. Trim excess fat from pork chops. Cut each squash into 4 or 5 crossways slices; remove seeds.
2. Arrange 3 chops on bottom of crock pot. Place all squash slices on top; then another layer of three remaining chops.
3. Combine salt, butter, sugar,bouquet sauce, orange juice and orange peel. Spoon over chops.
4. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until done. Serve one or two slices of squash with each pork chop
CROCK POT CIDER MILL HAM
1 to 1 1/2 lb. canned ham
1 cup apple juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1. Slice ham into 4 slices and place in crockpot.
2. Combine apple juice, brown sugar and mustard. Pour over ham slices.
3. Cover and cook 7 to 10 hours.
CROCK POT PORK CHOPS & STEW
6 pork loin chops
4 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons oil
6 medium potatoes, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small cabbage, cut in thin wedges
4 carrots, diced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
1/4 cup water
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) sliced stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1. Trim fat from chops. Coat with 2 Tablespoons flour. Brown chips in oil over medium heat.
2. Place potatoes, onion and carrots in slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining flour over and toss to coat.
3. Layer over potato mixture, in order, cabbage, salt, pepper, chops, bouillon, 1/4 cup water and stewed tomatoes with juice. Do Not Stir.
4. Cover and cook on high 3 1/2-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
5. Optional: In small saucepan, stir sour cream and cornstarch until smooth. Measure cooking liquid and add enough water or milk to equal 1 1/2 cups. Stir into saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and mixture comes to a boil. Serve with chops.
CROCK POT ITALIAN SAUSAGES
3-4 lb. Italian sausages (sweet or hot)
2 medium green peppers, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
28-30 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1. Cook sausage whole in covered frying pan. Drain and slice.
2. Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook 2-3 hours on high. Turn to low to keep warm.
CROCK POT SAUERKRAUT
2 bags sauerkraut, drained
1 (32 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
1 pkg. smoked sausage, sliced
1 pkg. spicy hot sausage, sliced
1. Mix first 6 ingredients together in a crock pot.
2. Cook on slow for 4 hours.
3. Spoon out 3/4 of liquid. Add sausage and cook for 2 more hours.
CROCK POT SAUSAGE & POTATOES
1 1/2 lb. Polish sausage, sliced
1 large pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes
1 can Cheddar cheese soup
1/2 (15 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 bunch green onions, diced
1 can of diced chilies (optional)
1. Grease crock pot.
2. Combine sausage, potatoes, onions and spices in crock pot.
3. Mix together soup and milk; pour over ingredients in crock pot. Stir together.
4. Simmer in pot about 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
CHINESE STYLE COUNTRY RIBS
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup orange marmalade
4 lb. country style spareribs
2 Tablespoons catsup
1. Combine soy sauce, marmalade, catsup, and garlicup
2. Brush on both sides of the ribs. Place in a crockpot.
3. Pour remaining sauce over all.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
CROCK POT NORTH CAROLINA STYLE PORK
1 3-6 lb. pork shoulder or Boston butt roast
1 Tablespoon paprika
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
8 oz. cider vinegar
4 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne red pepper
1. Set pork aside, mix all other ingredients in part 1 together and rub over entire pork roast.
2. Place in crock pot on high for 6-7 hours time.
3. Mix part 2 ingredients together in medium size bowl, before pork roast is done cooking.
4. When Pork roast is very tender, with a fork, remove roast from crock pot.
5. Chop roast into a very fine degree. Take a Tablespoon and ingredients from Part 2 (BBQ sauceingredients) and spoon over the chopped roast.
CROCK POT CAJUN SAUSAGE & RICE
8 oz. kielbasa sausage, cut in 1/4" slices
1 (14 1/2oz) can diced tomatoes with liquid
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
1 Tablespoon steak sauce
3 bay leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 cup uncooked instant rice
1/2 cup chopped parsley (optional)
1. Combine sausage, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, celery bouillon, steak sauce,bay leaves, sugar and hot pepper sauce in crockpot.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.Remove bay leaves; stir in rice and 1/2 cup of water. Cook an additional 25minutes.
3. Stir in parsley if desired.