Page 3 of 4
CROCK POT HAMBURGER DIP
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt to taste
2 cans (8-ounces each) tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
2 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened and cut in cubes
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon mild chili powder
1. In skillet, brown ground beef with onion, discard fat.
2. Pour browned meat and onion into Slow Cooker. Add garlic, salt, tomato sauce, ketchup, oregano, sugar, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and chili powder.
3. Set slow cooker/Crock Pot on LOW until cream cheese has melted and is thoroughly blended, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4. Stir, taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
5. Serve with cubed French bread or tortilla chips. If spicier dip is desired, use hot chili powder in place of mild chili powder. Finely chopped jalapenos may be added, if desired.
CROCK POT HEARTY BEEF DIP
8 ounces Cream cheese, cubed
1 1/4 ounces Sliced dried beef, diced
2 Tablespoons Green onion, chopped
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
1 Garlic clove
1. Combine cream cheese and milk in greased Crock Pot. Cover and heat until cheese is melted, 30 to 60 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients; stir thoroughly. Cover and heat 30 minutes.
3. Serve with crackers or bread pieces.
CROCK POT HOT ARTICHOKE DIP
6 ounces Artichoke hearts, marinated
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Pimento, diced (optional)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/3 cup Sour cream
1/8 teaspoon Garlic powder
1. Drain and chop artichoke hearts. Combine all ingredients and place in Crock Pot. Cover and heat 30 to 60 minutes until hot.
2. Serve with tortilla chips or assorted crackers.
CROCK POT HOT BROCCOLI DIP
1 (10 oz.) chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
1 stick margarine
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10 3/4 oz.) cans of cream of mushroom soup
14 oz. Velveeta cheese, cut up
1 to 2 1/2 oz. can mushroom stems and pieces
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a saute pan and cook until onions are clear. Transfer to the slow cooker/Crock Pot.
2. Add soup, cheese, and mushrooms, heat on low for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
3. Dip with large corn chips or can be poured over baked potatoes. Freezes well.
CROCK POT HOT DOG HORS D'OEUVRES
2 (1 lb.) pkgs all beef hot dogs, sliced in half
1 lb. bacon, sliced in half
1. Wrap each hot dog half with bacon strip. Fasten with toothpick.
2. Layer in slow cooker/Crock Pot, sprinkling each layer with a thin layer of brown sugar. Repeat layers until hot dogs run out.
3. Cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring gently with wooden spoon every 30 minutes.
CROCK POT HOT 'N' SPICY PECANS
1/4 cup butter, cut in pieces (4 oz)
6 cups pecans
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Place cut up butter in Crock Pot and heat, uncovered, on high until melted (15 to 20 minutes). Add pecans; stir to coat.
2. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes. Uncover and cook on high 2 1/2 hours longer, stirring occasionally.
3. Sprinkle with the seasonings and toss to coat; Spread on a baking sheet to cool.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months. Serve at room temperature or warm.
CROCK POT HOT SPINACH DIP
2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen chopped spinach
1 large jar jalapeno Cheez Whiz
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
2 Tablespoons dried minced onion
1. Thaw spinach completely. Drain, and squeeze as much moisture as possible from spinach.
2. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker/Crock Pot and cook on low about 2 hours, until hot (stir a few times to blend well).
3. Keep warm in Crock Pot or chafing dish. Serve with corn chips or crackers.
CROCK POT APPETIZER MEATBALLS
Half a bag frozen meatballs from a warehouse-club sized bag
2 packages of brown gravy
1. Place meatballs into the slow cooker/Crock Pot.
2. Take the 2 packages of brown gravy, mix them up according to the
Directions: and then pour over the meatballs.
3. Heat on low for 4 hours.
CROCK POT MARINER FONDUE
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed cream of celery soup
2 cups grated sharp process cheese
1 cup chunked cooked lobster
1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp
1/2 cup chopped cooked crabmeat
1/4 cup finely chopped, cooked scallops
dash cayenne peppe
1 loaf of French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
1. Combine all ingredients except bread cubes in lightly greased Crock-Pot; stir thoroughly.
2. Cover and cook on High for 1 hour or until cheese is melted. Turn to Low for serving.
3. Using fondue forks, dip bread cubes into fondue.
Makes about 1 1/2 qts.
CROCK POT MEXICAN CHEESE DIP
1/2 pound Velveeta
1 teaspoon Taco seasoning (optional)
1/2 can Ro-Tel Tomatoes with chilies
1. Cube cheese and place in Crock Pot. Cover and heat 30 to 60 minutes, until melted, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in tomatoes and seasoning. Cover and continue heating 30 minutes.
3. Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.