CROCK POT TURTLE PUDDING
1 21.5 oz pkg brownie mix
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
14 caramel candies, unwrapped
Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
1. Place a vegetable steamer or other low rack on the bottom of a 5-quart crock pot.
2. Pour in 4 cups hot tap water and turn on the high heat setting.
3. In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil, and egg. Beat to mix well.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Butter and dust with sugar a 2.5 qt soufflé dish that fits in the 5-quart crock pot.
5. Turn the brownie mixture into the dish. Push the caramels partially into the top, but do not cover completely with the brownie mixture.
6. Wrap the dish in a double thickness of foil. Tie with kitchen string to resemble a package for ease in lowering into the pot and removing.
7. Place on the rack in the crock pot.
8. Cover and cook on the high heat setting for 4.5 hours.
9. Remove the dish from the crock pot, uncover and let cool for 30 minutes. Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream.
CROCK POT CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup light sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Cream butter and sugars. Beat eggs in well. Mix in peanut butter, sour cream, and vanilla.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt together and add to creamed mixture. Stir in most of the chocolate chips, reserving a few for the top. Spoon mixture into a greased and floured 2 1/2 to 3-quart souffle dish or mold (which will fit in your Crock Pot). Place a small trivet (or fashion a little "ring" from aluminum foil) in the Crock Pot, place the dish on the trivet, then cover the dish with 4 layers of paper towels. Cover loosely to allow steam to escape and cook on high for about 4 hours.
3. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Cool in pot until dish is cool enough to handle, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
CROCK POT CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
2 cups chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Combine all ingredients in bowl mixing well. Beat about 2 minutes. Pour batter into greased and floured 2 pound coffee can.
2. Place can in crockpot. Cover top of can with 8 paper towels. Cover crockpot and bake on high 2 to 3 hours.
CROCK POT CHRISTMAS BREAD PUDDING
9 slices whole wheat bread
8 slices white bread
3 egg yolks, beaten
1 1/2 cups light cream
2/3 cup dark raisins
1/3 cup whole candied red cherries, halved
3/4 cup cream sherry
1 cup water
2 egg yolks, beaten
1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 Tablespoons cream sherry
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup golden raisins
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup whipping cream
1. Remove crusts from bread. Cover bread slices with paper towels and let stand overnight.
2. Custard: in a heavy medium saucepan combine three egg yolks, light cream, sugar and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat.
3. Continue cooking until mixture coats a metal spoon. Remove from heat; cool at once by setting saucepan in a sink of ice water and stirring for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Cover surface with clear plastic wrap.
5. In small bowl combine raisins. Place cherries in another bowl. Heat 3/4 cup sherry till warm. Pour 2/3 cup sherry over cherries. Set aside.
6. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes (about 9 cups). In a bowl, fold bread into custard, until coated. Grease a 6 1/2 cup tower mold (without tube).
7. Drain raisins and cherries, reserving sherry. Arrange 1/4 of cherries in bottom of the mold, sprinkle 1/3 cup raisins into the mold. Add 1/4 of bread cube mixture. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons reserved sherry. Repeat layers three times, arranging cherries and raisins near edges of the mold. Lightly press last layer with back of spoon. Pour remaining reserved sherry over all. Cover mold tightly with foil.
8. Set mold in cooker - for a 5-6qt cooker, pour 1 1/2 cups water around mold (for a 3 1/2 - 4 qt cooker use 1 cup water).
9. Cover, cook on low 5 1/2 hours or until pudding springs back when touched.
Meanwhile make the sherry sauce: in a mixing bowl combine 2 egg yolks, powdered sugar, 2 Tablespoons sherry and 1/4 teaspoons vanilla. In small bowl, beat whipping cream until small peaks form. Gently fold whip cream into egg yolk mixture. Cover and chill until serving time.
10. Remove mold from cooker, let stand 10 minutes. Carefully unmold to serving platter. Serve warm with sherry sauce.
CROCK POT CHUNK-STYLE APPLESAUCE
8 to 10 large cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced or cut in chunks
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 to 1 cup sugar
1. Put ingredients in Crock-Pot. Cover; cook on Low 8 to 10 hours. (High: 3 to 4 hours.)
CROCK POT COUNTRY APPLES
4-5 cups apples
2 Tablespoons flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup oatmeal
3 Tablespoons butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1. Peel, slice and coat apples with flour and 1/3 cup sugar. Stir in the raisins, cinnamon, and oatmeal.
2. Pour 1 cup water into crock pot. Add apple mix. Pour melted butter over apples and then brown sugar.
3. Cook on Low 4-6 hours. You can serve over vanilla ice cream, use as a crepe filling or over oatmeal for breakfast.
CROCK POT CREAMY ORANGE CHEESECAKE
3/4 cup cookie or graham cracker crumbs
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons melted butter
16 ounces cream cheese (light)
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 teaspoon orange or lemon zest, or dried grated rind
1 Tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine crumbs with sugar; mix in melted butter until well moistened. Pat into a 7- inch springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar.
3. Add eggs and yolk and beat for about 3 minutes on medium with a hand¬held electric mixer.
4. Beat in orange juice, zest, flour, and vanilla. Beat for another 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared crust; place on a rack or aluminum foil ring in the crock pot(so it doesn't rest on the bottom of the pot).
5. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Turn off and leave for 1 to 2 hours, until cool enough to remove. Cool completely and remove the sides of the pan. Chill before serving, and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
CROCK POT APPLE BROWN BETTY
3 lbs. cooking apples
10 slices of bread, cubed (about 4 cups)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Wash apples, peel, core, cut into eighths; place in bottom on crock.
2. Combine bread cubes, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar, butter; toss together. Place on top of apples in crock. Cover.
3. Place crock into outer shell. Cook on low setting 2 to 4 hours.
CROCK POT APPLE BUTTER 1
apples -- cut up, to fill 3 1/2 qt. crockpot
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup apple cider
juice of 1 lemon
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1. Cut blemishes off apples and cut into chunks to fill 3 1/2 qt. crockpot. Add sugar, cider and lemon juice.
2. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours.
3. Stir. Add cinnamon and cook another 10 hours. Stir occasionally until brown.
4. Run through food mill, blender or any strainer to strain out seeds and skins. To thicken, if not thick enough, return to slow cooker and cook on High uncovered until desired consistency.
CROCK POT APPLE BUTTER 2
apples, cut in quarters, enough to fill a 4 quart crockpot to about 1 1/2 inches from the top
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups sugar
4 Tablespoons water
1. Place apples and waterinto crock pot.
2. Add cinnamon, cloves, salt and sugar.
3. Start on high until it gets hot, then turn on low and cook all day. When it is done and apples are fully cooked down put small amounts into food processor and zap quickly till smooth.
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- 4 to 7 Ingredient Dinner Recipes
- 30 Minute Meals
- Dinner Meal Plans
- Crock Pot Recipes
- Freezer Cooking Recipes
- Easy Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Mama Shirleys Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes
Most Popular Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cowboy Chicken
- Crock Pot Recipes for the Crockpot and Slow Cooker
- Smothered Chicken with Red Potatoes
- Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Chicken
- Basil Garlic Whole Chicken with Vegetables
- Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Farmhouse Chicken and Corn Chowder