Page 2 of 10
CROCK POT BLACK EYED PEAS
1 16 oz bag of dried black-eyed peas
1 small ham hock
1 14 1/2 oz can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos
1 14 1/2 oz can of diced tomatoes with mild green chiles
2 10 1/2 oz cans of chicken broth
1 stalk of celery, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-soak black-eyed peas according to the instructions on the bag.
2. Combine all ingredients and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
CROCK POT BLACK EYED PEAS AND OKRA
2 (16 oz each) packages frozen Black Eyed peas
2 cups water
1 (15 oz) can Ranch Style Beans with Jalapenos undrained
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped celery
1 (12 to 16 oz)package frozen sliced okra
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes and Green chiles
1. Dump all ingredients in Crock Pot.
2. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
CROCK POT BOSTON BAKED BEANS
1 lb. small dry white beans
1 medium onion, chopped
4 slices bacon, chopped
1/4 cup light (mild) molasses
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Rinse beans with cold running water and discard any stones or shriveled beans.
2. In a large bowl, place beans and enough water to cover by 2 inches. Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight. Drain and rinse beans.
3. In 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 quart Crockpot, stir 3 1/2 cups water with beans and remaining ingredients except salt until blended.
4. Cover crock pot with lid and cook beans on low setting about 14 hours or until beans are tender and sauce is syrupy. Stir salt into bean mixture before serving.
CROCK POT BARLEY WITH MUSHROOMS & GREEN ONIONS
1 cup barley
1 can (14 1/2 oz) roasted garlic chicken broth (about 2 cups)
3 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
4 to 6 ounces fresh or canned mushrooms, sliced
salt or seasoned salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
1. Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4 1/2 hours
CROCK POT BAVARIAN RED CABBAGE
1 large head of red cabbage, washed and coarsely sliced
2 medium onions coarsely chopped
6 tart apples, cored & quartered
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups hot water
3 Tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup cider vinegar
6 Tablespoons bacon grease or butter
1. Place all ingredients in the Crockpot in order listed.
2. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours (High: 3 hours). Stir well before serving.
CROCK POT BROCCOLI
2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25)
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, soup, 1 cup cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
2. Pour into a greased slow cooker. Sprinkle crackers on top; dot with butter.
3. Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
CROCK POT BROCCOLI SOUFFLE
2 pkgs. frozen chopped broccoli (2 lbs.)
1 can cream of celery soup (undiluted)
1 cup real mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons grated onion
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 stick melted margarine
1. Cook broccoli; drain and cool. Mix soup, mayonnaise, onion, egg, and cheese and add to cooled broccoli.
2. Put in a lightly greased 3 1/2-quart crockpot.
3. Mix 1 stack Ritz or buttery crackers (crushed) with margarine or butter. Put on top.
4. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours
CROCK POT CARROT PUDDING
4 large carrots, cooked and grated
1 small onion, grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 cup milk
3 eggs, beaten
1. Mix together carrots, onion, salt, nutmeg, sugar, milk, and eggs.
2. Pour into slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
CROCK POT MARMALADE-GLAZED CARROTS
1 package (32oz) fresh baby carrots
1/2 cup marmalade
1 Tablespoon water
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons water
salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, until carrots are tender.
2. About 15 minutes before serving, make a paste of the cornstarch and cold water; stir into carrots.
CROCK POT ORANGE GLAZED CARROTS
3 cups Thinly sliced carrots
3 Tablespoons Butter or margarine
2 cups Water
3 Tablespoons Orange marmalade
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Chopped pecans
1. Combine carrots, water, and salt in Crock Pot.
2. Cover and cook on high 2 to 3 hours or until the carrots are done. Drain well; stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Cover and cook on high 20-30 minutes.