Use your slow cooker to make this delicious and simple Ruben Chicken Casserole for something different for dinner tonight.
32 ounces sauerkraut (jar or bag), rinsed and drained, divided
1 cup Russian salad dressing, divided
4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon prepared mustard, divided
4-6 slices Swiss cheese
1. Layer half the sauerkraut in the bottom of a greased 5-6 quart slow cooker. Drizzle with ⅓ cup of dressing.
2. Place 2 to 3 chicken breasts on top and spread half the mustard over the chicken.
3. Top with the remaining sauerkraut and chicken breasts; drizzle another ⅓ cup of dressing over all and reserve the remaining dressing for serving.
4. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
5. To serve, place each breast on a plate. Divide the sauerkraut over top the chicken. Top each with a slice of Swiss cheese and a drizzle of the remaining dressing.