Rum-Raisin Bread Pudding
1 (14 ounce) loaf challah bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (12 cups)
⅔ cup golden raisins
5 teaspoons dark rum
2½ cups heavy cream
2½ cups whole milk
9 large egg yolks
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Line slow cooker with aluminum foil collar, then line with foil sling and coat with vegetable oil spray. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 225°F. Spread bread over rimmed baking sheet and bake, shaking pan occasionally, until dry and crisp, about 40 minutes. Let bread cool slightly, then transfer to very large bowl.
2. Microwave raisins and rum in small bowl until hot, about 20 seconds. Let mixture cool slightly, then toss with dried bread; transfer to prepared slow cooker.
3. Whisk cream, milk, egg yolks, ¾ cup granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt together in bowl, then pour mixture evenly over bread. Press gently on bread to submerge.
4. Mix remaining tablespoon granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon together, then sprinkle over top of casserole. Cover and cook until center is set, about 4 hours on low. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Try one of our favorite Crock Pot Meals:
Food and Recipes Menu
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes