Page 1 of 11
Whole Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot
1 whole chicken
2 teaspoons each salt & pepper
2 Tablespoons dried parsley
2 Tablespoons dried oregano
2 Tablespoons dried basil
2 Tablespoons dried rosemary
4 teaspoons butter, divided
1. Rinse chicken thoroughly. Sprinkle cavity with the 1 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
2. Place chicken in crock pot breast side up.
3. Sprinkle the remaining salt & pepper over the chicken. Crush the parsley, oregano, basil and rosemary between your fingers as you evenly sprinkly the herbs over the chicken.
4. Dot the chicken breast with butter.
5. Do not add any liquid. Cook on high one hour and low for 8-10 hours or until meat in center of chicken is no longer pink.
CROCK POT ROAST STICKY CHICKEN
4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
1 cup chopped onion
1. In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
3. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
4. When ready to cook chicken put the onions into the cavity, put the chicken into thecrockpot and do not add any liquid (as the cooking process goes on it will produce it's own juices).
5. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
CROCK POT ROBUSTO CHICKEN
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle Seven Seas Robusto Italian dressing
1 lb. bag egg noodles
4 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour Italian dressing over.
2. Cover and cook on low 7 hours or high 3 1/2 hours.
3. Remove chicken from crock pot and leave turned on. Add 1/2 the sour cream and stir until dissolved.
4. Cook noodles and drain. Add remaining sour cream and the Parmesan cheese to noodles and mix until dissolved.
5. Serve chicken over the noodles. Pour warm Italian dressing over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to taste
CROCK POT ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH PASTA
2 medium onions, sliced or chopped
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic or 4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
2 Tablespoons wine vinegar
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed or 1 Tablespoon fresh
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 pkg. (8 oz) dried pasta (penne, mostaccioli, or elbow macaroni)
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 quart crockpot, place the onions and garlicup Add chicken to crockpot.
2. In a mixing bowl combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar,bay leaves, sugar, rosemary, salt, and pepper; mix well.
3. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 7 hours. Or, cook on HIGH heat settingfor 3-1/2 hours.
4. When ready to serve, remove bay leaves. Stir mushrooms into chicken mixture; cook for 5 to 10 minutes more to heat through.
5. Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve the chicken and sauce over the hot cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.