Page 11 of 11
CROCK POT CHICKEN
6 chicken breasts, skinned
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 (16 oz.) carton sour cream
1. Place chicken in crock pot. Cover with mushroom soup.
2. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours. The last 30 minutes add sour cream and paprika.
CROCK POT WINNING WINGS IN SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
16 chicken wings
4 Tablespoons wine or balsamic vinegar
1 cup apricot preserves
2 Tablespoons peanut butter (optional)
1 cup ketchup
4 Tablespoons horseradish
1 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
1. Pat the chicken wings dry and place then in the slow cooker/Crock Pot.
2. In a bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. Taste-check for a good balance of sweet and sour.
3. Pour the sauce over the wings. Cover the slow cooker/Crock Pot and cook on low until the chicken is tender, about 4 hours.
CROCK POT GOOEY CHICKEN BURRITOS
2 large chicken breasts
12 oz. jar of salsa
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can diced green chilies (mild)
1 1/2 cups of grated cheese
1 small onion
A handful of Spanish olives, sliced
2 Tablespoons cooking tapioca
1. Combine all ingredients, except tortillas, in crockpot.
2. Cook on low, 8 hours. Spoon on to warmed tortillas and roll.
CROCK POT ITALIAN DINNER
4 chicken breasts, cut in half
1 pkg. sweet Italian sausage, cut in half
1 large (16 oz.) container fresh mushrooms, cut in half
2 large onions, sliced thickly
2 large green peppers, sliced thickly
1 large (28 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
Salt & Pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together in crockpot; cook 6-8 hours on low.
2. Serve over pasta with lots of shredded mozarella cheese.
CROCK POT LEMONADE CHICKEN
4 to 6 pieces chicken (breasts and legs)
1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade, thawed
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 Tablespoons ketchup
1 Tablespoon vinegar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons cold water
1. Arrange chicken pieces in crockpot. Combine lemonade, brown sugar, and ketchupand mix well. Pour over chicken.
2. Cover. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
3. Remove chicken from pot, cover to keep hot. Transfer liquid to saucepan.
4. Skim fat; combine cornstarch and cold water and add slowly to liquid, while stirring over low heat. When thickened, serve with chicken over hot rice.
CROCK POT LACQUERED CHICKEN
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 lb. whole chicken
3 large onions, peeled and chopped
5 large tomatoes, chopped
1 medium orange, unpeeled, seeded, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup water
1 bouillon cube, crumbled
3 heaping Tablespoons red currant, raspberry or red grape jelly
1/4 cup sweet sherry
1. In a medium skillet, over medium high heat, heat the oil and sauté the chicken, turning often, until well browned all over.
2. Remove the chicken to a plate. Sauté the onion in the skillet until well browned. Turn into the crockpot.
3. Place the tomatoes, orange, sugar, salt and pepper in the crock pot and set the chicken on top.
4. Rinse the skillet with the water and scrape into the cooker. Add the bouillon cube.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 7 hours.
6. Before serving, remove the chicken to a deep serving dish and keep warm.
7. Turn the pot contents into a skillet, set the heat to high and simmer until thick enough to mound on a spoon.
8. Stir in the jelly and the sherry and cook, stirring until the sauce boils. Do not overcook, lest the sauce lose its shiny quality. If sauce is not shinyenough, bring back to a very brisk boil and quickly stir in some jelly.
9. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.
CROCK POT YUMMY CHICKEN WINGS
12-18 chicken wings
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon ginger
2 garlic cloves minced
2 green onions minced
1 Tablespoon honey
2 teaspoon oil
1. Combine ingredients in Crock Pot.
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.