CROCK POT BRAISED CHICKEN CURRY WITH YAMS
2 lbs. chicken legs and thighs
2 large white onions, chopped
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon minced ginger
1/3 cup madras curry powder
2 bay leaves
4 cups chicken stock
3 large yams, peeled and chopped
salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a hot stock pot coated with oil, season the chicken and brown on all sides. Put chicken aside.
2. In the same stockpot, remove all chicken fat, leaving only a coating of oil and saute onions, garlic and ginger. Caramelize well, then add curry powder. Mix quickly for 2 minutes making sure not to burn the curry powder.
3. Add back the chicken, banana, bay leaves,yams and chicken stock. Check for seasonings. Bring to a boil and then simmer slowly for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Serve on basmati rice.
CROCK POT BRAISED CHICKEN
Chicken legs or thighs - 1.5lbs
Celery - 3 stalks (cubed)
White onion - 1 (cubed)
Garlic - 4 to 6 cloves (crushed)
Ginger - 1 Tablespoon (diced)
Red chilies - 3 to 5 (diced, optional)
5 spices powder - a pinch (optional)
Light soy sauce - 2 Tablespoon
Sugar - 2 teaspoons
Chicken soup stock - 1 to 2 cups
1. Cut the chicken in bite sized pieces. Mix with the diced ginger and red chilies.
2. Add the celery, white onions, garlic in to the slow cooker. Add in the chicken, andthe rest of the ingredients.
3. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.
CROCK POT CHICKEN CASABLANCA
1 large onion, sliced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 large carrots, diced
2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
1 medium zucchini, sliced 1" thick
1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
3 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken breast pieces
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chopped tomatoes
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
1. Combine first eight ingredients in crock pot. Combine spices in small bowl andsprinkle over ingredients in crock pot.
2. Add chopped tomatoes. Cover; cook on Low 8 to 10 hours (High 4 to 5 hours).
3. Stir in parsley and cilantro before serving. Serve over cooked rice.
CROCK POT BROWN RICE AND CHICKEN
1 cup diced cooked chicken
2 onions, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sliced almonds
1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
2. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Serve with sliced almonds lightly toasted.
CROCK POT CARROT CHICKEN
skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 medium head cabbage, quartered
1 pound carrots, cut into 1" pieces
water to cover
4 cubes chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon Greek-style seasoning
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1. Rinse chicken and place in slow cooker. Rinse cabbage and place on top of chicken, then add carrots.
2. Add enough water to almost cover all. Add bouillon cubes and sprinkle liberally with poultry seasoning. Add Greek seasoning to taste (as you would salt and pepper).
3. Cook on low for 8 hours OR on high for 4 hours.
To Make Gravy:
When you're nearly ready to eat, pour off some of the juice and place in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Dissolve cornstarch in about 1/4 cup water (depending on how thick you like your gravy).
Add to saucepan and simmer all together until thick. If desired, season with additional Greek seasoning.
Serve gravy over chicken and potatoes, if desired.
CROCK POT CHEESY CHICKEN BAKE
1 can mushroom soup
1 can cream of broccoli soup
1 can broccoli cheese soup
2 pkgs. Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless)
1 can Mixed vegetables
1-2 Tablespoons Tapioca for thickening
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Dice chicken put in crockpot sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour all three cans of soup over chicken and stir.
2. Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours.
3. About an hour before serving add mixed veggies, cheese and thicken with tapioca.
CROCK POT CHICKEN I
1 frying chicken, cut up Salt & pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sauterne or sherry
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 Tablespoons dry Italian salad dressing mix
2 (3 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, cut in cubes
1 Tablespoon onion, chopped
1. Wash chicken and pat dry. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in crock pot.
2. Sprinkle with dry salad mix. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
3. About 3/4 hour before serving, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in small saucepan. Cook until smooth.
4. Pour over chicken in pot. Cover and cook for 30 minutes on low. Serve with sauce. Serve with rice or noodles.
CROCK POT CHICKEN II
1 large chicken, cut-up
2 cups soy sauce
2 cups vinegar
1. Put in crockpot and cook on high 4-5 hours.
CROCK POT CHICKEN ALA KING
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 Tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 celery rib, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed
2 Tablespoons diced pimentos, drained
Hot cooked rice
1. Combine soup, flour and peppers in crock pot, stir until smooth. Stir in chicken, celery, onion and green pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or until meat is cooked through.
3. Stir in peas and pimentos. Cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over rice.
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
4 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 pounds chicken parts, cut up
2 cups chicken broth
2 stalks celery
1 Tablespoon minced parsley
2 carrots, peeled, sliced
1 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup dry white wine (optional)
1 can refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tablespoons flour
1. In a large skillet, brown onion in butter and oil just until tender, then brown chicken parts and place all in a 6-quart crock pot.
2. Add remaining ingredients except heavy cream, flour and biscuits.
3. Cook on high 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or on low 5 to 7 hours.
4. When chicken is done, remove pieces to plate and let cool, then debone.
5. While chicken is cooling, mix flour and cream together, then stir into crock pot.
6. Open biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Drop into crockpot and turn on high. These will need to cook about 30 minutes, until they are firm.
7. Return chicken meat to crockpot after deboning and serve. You can use your own homemade biscuit recipe for canned if you prefer.
CROCK POT CHICKEN & NOODLES
4 carrots, sliced
4-5 pieces chicken
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
salt & pepper, to taste
1 lb. egg noodles
1. Place carrots in crockpot, followed by all ingredients except noodles.
2. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
3. At the end of cooking time, cook egg noodles on stovetop.
4. While noodles cook, remove chicken from crockpot & cut into bite-size pieces. Return chicken & noodles to crockpot.
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE 1
Boneless, skinless chicken breast (2-3 lbs)
Chicken Flavored Rice
Cream of Celery soup
Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup water
1. Put rice in crockpot, and water. Combine soups and layer on top of rice. Salt chicken and layer chicken in pot.
2. Set on high for 4-5 hours or low or auto shift for 7-10 hours.
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE 2
3/4 cup rice
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can whole mushrooms
1 small jar pimento strips, drained
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can water chestnuts, drained, sliced
8 to 12 chicken breasts, halved
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place rice in crock pot. Combine remaining ingredients except chicken and cheese in bowl. Mix well.
2. Pour half of mixture over rice. Place chicken on top. Pour remaining soup mixture over all.
3. Cook on high for 3 hours or until chicken is tender. Garnish with cheese.