CROCK POT COQ AU VIN 2
2-1/2 lb. chicken cut up or boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 clove garlic crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
6 bacon slices, diced
2/3 cups sliced green onions
1 cup chicken broth
8 small white onions, peeled
1 cup burgundy wine
1/2 lb. whole mushrooms
8 small new potatoes scrubbed
1. In large skillet, saute dieced bacon and green onions until bacon is crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
2. Add chicken pieces to skillet and brown well on all sides. Remove the chicken when it has browned and set aside.
3. Put peeled onions, mushrooms, and garlic in crock pot. Add browned chicken pieces, bacon and green onions, salt, pepper, thyme, pototales and chicken broth.
4. Cover and cook on Low 6 - 8 hours (High 3-4).
5. During the last hour add burgundy and cook on high. Garnish with chopped parsley.
CROCK POT COQ AU VIN WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 lb. chicken pieces, rinsed & patted dry
1/3 cup finely chopped shallot
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 carrots, quartered lengthwise & cut crosswise into 1/4" pieces (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 lb. pearl onions, blanched in boiling water for 3 minutes, drained, & peeled
1 bay leaf
3/4 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
2 Tablespoons Cognac
1 cup dry white wine
2 cup chicken broth
1/4 lb. shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded & caps sliced thin
1/4 cup cornstarch
Freshly ground nutmeg to taste
1. In a heavy kettle, heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking and in it saute the chicken pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper, in batches, turning them once, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are browned.
2. Transfer the chicken pieces as they are browned to a plate and keep them warm, covered.
3. Place the shallot, onions, carrots, pearl onions, bay leaf, and thyme in a crockpot.
4. Place the browned chicken on top of the vegetables.
5. Combine the Cognac, white wine and 1 3/4 cup of chicken broth and add to the cooker.
6. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
7. Turn control to HIGH and add the mushrooms. Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/4 cup chicken stock. Stir into the mixture.
8. Cover and cook for 20 minutes more, or until sauce is thickened, stirring once.
9. Transfer the chicken to a plate, and keep warm. Discard the bay leaf, and season the sauce with freshly ground nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
CROCK POT COUNTRY CHICKEN STEW WITH BASIL DUMPLINGS
12 small white onions
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 pound bonless skinless chicken breasts halves
1/2 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried, crumbled)
salt and pepper to taste
1 large red bell pepper cut into 1" squares
4 cloves garlic - thinly sliced
2 cups canned chicken broth
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 Tablesppons all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons butter - room temperature
1 pound fresh asparagus - cut into 1-1/2" lengths
1 cup buttermilk and baking mix
1/3 cup whole milk
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (or 1 Tablespoon dried, crumbled)
1. Using a sharp knife, make a small X in the root end of each onion. Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add the onions, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under running cold water. Slip skins off onions.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Quarter the thighs and chicken breast halves. Stir in basil and seaons with salt and pepper.
3. Put chicken pieces in a 3-1/2 quart or larger crockery slow-cooker. Top with onions, bell peppers, and garlicup Pour in stock, and wine. DO NOT sitr. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 - 8 hours or HIGH for 2- 2-1/2 hours.
4. Stir the stew. If cooking on LOW, change setting to HIGH. In a small bowl, blend together the flour and butter. Stir into slow-cooker. cook, stirring until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus.
5. In medium bowl, combine dumpling ingredients until evenly moistened. Drop by Tablespoons onto hot stew in 6 small rounds. Cover and cook for another 25 to 30 minutes, until dumplings are cooked through.
CROCK POT CRANBERRY CHICKEN
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh or frozen (unthawed) cranberries
12 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 lbs. total)
1/4 cup catsup
2 Tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch blended w/2 Tablespoons cold water
1. In a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine onion, cranberries. Arrange chicken on top. In small bowl, mix catsup, sugar, mustard and vinegar and pour over chicken. Cover. Cook at low setting until chicken is very tender when pierced (6 1/2 to 7 1/2 hours).
2. Lift out chicken when done, blend cornstarch mixture into cooking liquid. Increase cooker heat setting to high; cover and cook, stirring 2 or 3 times until sauce thickens (10 to 15 more minutes). Season to taste with salt; pour over chicken.
CROCK POT CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN
1 frying chicken -- cut up
2 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine
salt & pepper -- to taste
2 Tablespoons dry Italian salad dressing
1 can condensed mushroom soup
6 ounces cream cheese; -- cut in 1" cubes
1/2 cup sauterne wine or sherry
1 Tablespoon onion -- minced
1. Brush chicken with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a crock pot and sprinkle dry mix over all.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 7 hours.
3. About 45 minutes before done, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in a small saucepan. Cook until smooth.
4. Pour over the chicken and cover and cook another 45 minutes. Serve with sauce.
CROCK POT CREAMY CHICKEN DINNER
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder and
1 large can cream of chicken soup
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup frozen cut carrots
3/4 cup frozen green beans
1. Place all ingredients in the crockpot and cook it about 7 hours on low.
2. Add 2 cups of minute rice to it the last 5 minutes before dinner.
CROCK POT CREOLE CHICKEN
8 chicken thighs
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 chopped bell pepper
1 chopped onion chopped ham
Tabasco sauce to taste
1. Place all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low 4-5 hours.
CROCK POT GARLIC BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN
Chicken pieces-enough to feed your family-legs, thighs
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup lemon-line soda
2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Place chicken in crockpot. Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or noodles.
CROCK POT GARLIC CHICKEN
3 lb. Frying Chicken, cut into serving pieces
Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 cup Dry White Wine
1/8 cup (2 Tbs.) Vermouth
2 Tablespoons fresh Parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh Basil, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh Oregano, chopped
Dash of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
20 cloves Garlic, peeled (20 is correct)
2 stalks Celery, sliced
Juice of 1 Lemon
Peel of 1 Lemon
1. Remove the skin from the chicken pieces, if so desired. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
2. Warm the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken on all sides, and remove to a platter when golden.
3. In a large mixing bowl, blend together the white wine, vermouth, parsley, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
4. Add the garlic and celery, and mix to coat. With a slotted spoon, transfer the coated vegetables to a slow cooker.
5. Add the chicken pieces to the remaining herb and wine mixture and coat well.
6. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the lemon juice and peel over the top of the chicken.
7. Pour the rest of the wine and herbmixture over the top of the chicken.
8. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the thickest cuts. Discard the celery and garlic and serve warm.
CROCK POT BARBECUED CHICKEN
1 reg. size bottle BBQ sauce (any flavor)
10 oz. Coke
Chicken (pieces or whole)
1. Mix BBQ sauce and Coke in crock pot. Add chicken.
2. Cook on low 8 hours.
CROCK POT FIESTA CHICKEN
2 Tablespoons oil
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (14 1/2 ounce) Mexican style diced tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Heat oil in skillet. Cook chicken pieces until browned. Remove and drain.
2. Place onion, green bell pepper, garlic and jalapeno pepper in skillet and saute until slightly cooked.
3. Add all ingredients to crockpot and stir to combine.
4. Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours (HIGH 4 hours). Serve on flour tortillas.
CROCK POT GARLIC PEPPER CHICKEN PARMESAN
4 chicken leg quarters
2 Tablespoons Mrs. Dash's Gallant Garlics Roasted Garlic Pepper seasoning
1 can Del Monte Zucchini with Tomato Sauce
3 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Put chicken in pot. Sprinkle with seasoning. Pour zucchini with tomato sauce over chicken.
2. Cook for 6 hours on high.
3. Sprinkle with cheese and cook until cheese melts - about 30 mins.
CROCK POT GREEK CHICKEN
6 skinless chicken breasts
1 large can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato puree
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 can ripe olives
1 Tablespoon garlic
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon oregano
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup wine or brandy (optional)
2 cups rice
Salt to taste
1. Wash and remove fat from chicken. Bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour.
2. Combine all other ingredients except rice. Put chicken and sauce in a slow cooker/Crock Pot on low
heat and cook for at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
3. Before serving, cook rice according to directions on box. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
CROCK POT GREEN CHILE-STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves, pounded thin
3 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cups shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
4 ounces green chiles
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup hot enchilada sauce
1. Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, chiles, chili powder and salt and pepper.
2. Place a generous dollop on each flattened chicken breast, then roll up.
3. Place chicken rolls in the slow cooker/Crock Pot, seam-side down. Top chicken breast rolls with remaining cheese mixture, soup, and enchilada sauce.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours
CROCK POT HEALTHY CHICKEN CREOLE
3 lbs. chicken thighs or breasts, skinned
1 cup celery, diced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 can tomatoes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 pkg. sugar substitute
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt & pepper to taste
Louisiana hot sauce to taste
2 cups minute rice, cooked
1. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker/Crock Pot. Combine remaining ingredients (except rice) & add to slow cooker/Crock Pot.
2. Cook on high 4 to 5 hours or on low 7-8 hours.
3. Cook rice according to package direction. Spoon Creole mixture over hot cooked rice.