Page 9 of 11
CROCK POT MEDITERRANEAN STYLE CHICKEN
6 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
1 large can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato puree
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 can ripe olives, sliced or whole
1 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon oregano
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup wine or brandy (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Wash and remove excess fat from chicken. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker/Crock Pot, except the rice.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
CROCK POT MEXICAN CHICKEN
1. Combine chicken and taco seasoning in the crock pot and cook all day on low or several hours on high.
CROCK POT ONE POT CHICKEN AND GRAVY
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Potatoes, quartered, with jackets
About 6 stalks celery
1/2 pkg. baby carrots
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1. Place vegetables on bottom of Crock Pot. Brown chicken breasts in PAM or vegetable spray. Place over vegetables.
2. Cover with the cream of chicken soup, undiluted. Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix. Do not add water.
3. Cover and cook all day on low, or 6 hours on high.
CROCK POT MUSHROOM CHICKEN
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package of chicken gravy mix
1 cup white wine
1 can of cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup
8 oz. cream cheese
1. Put chicken in crock-pot. Sprinkle gravy mix on top. Pour soup over that, then pour wine over that.
2. Cook on low all day.
3. 30 minutes before serving, put cream cheese in. When ready to serve, remove chicken and whisk the sauce together. Serve over pasta or rice.
CROCK POT ORANGE BURGUNDY CHICKEN
2 1/2 to 3 pounds frying chicken, cut up
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1. Remove skin from chicken. Rinse and place in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.
2. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Serve with rice and spinach salad.
CROCK POT ORANGE CHICKEN
6 Chicken breasts, boned and skinned
1/2 teaspoon Ginger
1 teaspoon Salt
8 ounces Frozen concentrate orange juice
1 1/2 cups Shredded coconut
2 cups Orange segments or canned, mandarin oranges
2 Green onions, chopped
1. Put chicken, ginger, salt, pepper and frozen orange juice in crock pot and cook on low 6 hours.
2. Serve chicken on hot cooked rice on platter. Top with coconut,orange segments and green onions.
CROCK POT ORANGE CINNAMON CHICKEN
4 pounds Chicken pieces
1 cup Chicken broth
1 cup Raisins
1 Tablespoon Flour
1/4 pound Butter
2 cups Orange juice
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat butter in a large skillet, and brown chicken. Remove chicken and place in crock pot as they brown.
2. Combine all other ingredients, except flour, in skillet. Mix well and pour over chicken.
3. Cover pot, turn on LOW and cook 4 6 hours, or until chicken is tender.
4. Remove one cup of sauce from pot and combine with flour, mixing well. Return sauce flour mixture to the pot.
5. Turn pot on HIGH and cook and additional half hour.
CROCK POT ORANGE CRANBERRY CHICKEN
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
5 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
2 Tablespoons melted margarine or butter
1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
8 chicken breast halves, boned, skinned
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine
1 orange, sliced
1. In medium bowl, combine cranberries and brown sugar; set aside.
2. Toast bread,cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine bread cubes, 2 TBL melted butter, orange peel and cranberry mixture.
3. Place one chicken breast at a time in a small plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper. Lightly pound with meat mallet. Repeat with all chicken breasts.
4. Spoon about 1/3 cup cranberry mixture on center of each. Roll up; skewer to close.
5. In shallow dish, combine orange juice and 2 TBL melted butter. Roll filled chicken breasts in orange-juice mixture.
6. Place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOWabout 5 hours. To serve, spoon drippings over chicken. Garnish with orange slices.
CROCK POT ORANGE GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS
1 (6-oz) frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
6 (6 ounce) chicken breast halves
1/4 cup water
1. Combine thawed orange juice and marjoram in shallow dish. Dip each breast in orange juice mixture, put in the crock pot, pour remaining sauce over breasts.
2. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
3. Before serving, remove chicken breasts from crock pot. Mix water and cornstarch in the sauce mixture; cook covered on high for about 15-30 minutes. Serve over chicken.
CROCK POT ORANGE TERIYAKI CHICKEN
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs
1 16 ounce package loose-pack frozen broccoli, baby carrots, and water chestnuts
2 Tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Cut chicken into 1" pieces. Place vegetables in crockpot. Sprinkle tapioca over veggies. Place chicken on top of that.
2. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over chicken.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3. Serve over rice.
CROCK POT PHILIPPINE CHICKEN
1 chicken, cut up
1 cup water
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1. Put all in Crock Pot; cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. Serve over rice.
CROCK POT PROVENCALE CHICKEN SUPPER
4 (6 oz.) chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
1 (16 oz.) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14 oz.) can pasta-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
1. Place chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle with basil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoonpepper.
2. Combine remaining salt, pepper, bell pepper, beans and tomatoes in bowl andstir well. Spoon over chicken.
3. Cover with lid and cook on high 1 hour and low 5 hours.
4. Spoon bean mixture into each of 4 shallow bowls. Top each with 1 breast and 3/4 cup bean mixture.
CROCK POT PIZZA CHICKEN
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place chicken, onion, bell pepper and celery in a slow cooker.
2. In a medium bowl combine the tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup, tomato paste, water,parsley, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
3. Mix well and pour mixture over chicken and vegetables in slow cooker. Stir to coat and add bay leaf.
4. Cook on Low setting for 8 hours, until chicken and vegetables are tender.
CROCK POT PROVINCIAL CHICKEN
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, frozen
2 small zucchini, diced
1 can (4 oz) sliced black olives
1 Tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
1 can diced tomatoes (about 15 ounces)
1 can (10 oz) cream of chicken soup with herbs
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 to 3 Tablespoons sour cream (optional)
hot noodles, rice or pasta
1. Combine first 9 ingredients in 3 1/2-quart slow cooker/Crock Pot (or larger).
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Add cheese and sour cream during the last 15 minutes. Serve over hot noodles, rice or pasta.
CROCK POT CHICKEN PARISIENNE
6 medium chicken breasts
Salt, pepper and paprika
1/2 cup white wine
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained or fresh
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup flour
1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika. Place in crock pot.
2. Mix wine, soup and mushrooms until well combined, mixing in sour cream now if cooking on low. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. If cooking on high, cook for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours adding cream during the last 30 minutes.