Page 10 of 11
CROCK POT RUSSIAN CHICKEN
1 bottle Russian dressing (16 oz.)
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 jar apricot preserves (10 oz.)
4 pieces chicken, (4 to 6 ounces each)
Seasoned salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine dressing, preserves and onion soup mix in bowl and pour into a slow cooker/Crock Pot.
2. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. Place chicken, skin side down, in slow cooker/Crock Pot.
3. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (HIGH 4 hours)
CROCK POT EASY SANTA FE CHICKEN
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (15.25 oz.) cans whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa
5 or 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts (4-6 ounces each)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a 3.5 or 4 quart electric slow cooker, mix together the beans, corn, and 1/2 cup salsa. Top with the chicken breasts, then pour the remaining salsa over the chicken.
2. Cover and cook on the high heat setting 2.5 - 3 hours, or until the chicken is tender and white throughout; do not overcook or the chicken will toughen.
3. Remove the chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Add back to the slow cooker.
4. Add the cream cheese (cut into cubes to melt faster), and turn slow cooker to high heat. Heat until cream cheese melts and blends into sauce. Serve over rice. Top with shredded cheese.
CROCK POT SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH CHICKEN & SAUSAGE
1 lb. Italian sausage
3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 (4 oz. each) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
2 jars spaghetti sauce
Hot cooked pasta
1. In skillet, brown Italian sausage, piercing casings to allow excess fat to run out.
2. Remove to plate and cut into 1/2 to 1-inch chunks.
3. In same skillet, brown chicken pieces.
4. Place sausage and chicken in slow cooker. Add pepper and onion. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Add mushrooms.
5. Pour sauce over everything. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir before serving over spaghetti or other pasta.
CROCK POT SPANISH CHICKEN
2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
Seasoned salt & pepper to taste
Black olives, pitted
Sliced mushrooms, drained
Liquid to cover (tomato soup or tomato sauce with equal amount of water or stock)
1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; season. Place with remaining ingredients in slow cooker.
2. Simmer all day on low. Serve over rice.
CROCK POT SPICY CHICKEN WINGS
3 Tablespoons vinegar
24 chicken wings, drummettes
1/4 cup hot pepper sauce, or less to taste
1/2 cup melted butter
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch original dry salad dressing mix
1. Mix all ingredients together except chicken wings and salad dressing mix.
2. Place chicken wings in crock pot. Pour mixture over wings. Sprinkle with dry dressing mix.
3. Cook in Crock Pot on low 4 to 5 hours.
CROCK POT SWISS CHICKEN CASSEROLE
6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
2 cups stuffing mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Lightly grease Crock Pot or spray with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in pot. Top with cheese.
2. Combine soup and milk, stirring well. Spoon over cheese; sprinkle with stuffing mix. Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix.
3. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 6 hours.
CROCK POT TERIYAKI SAUCE WINGS
3 pounds chicken wings
1 onion, chopped
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup dry sherry
1. Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Cut off wing tips and discard. Cut each wing into 2 pieces, cutting at the joint.
2. Broil wings 4 inches from heat for about 10 minutes on each side, or until browned. Transfer to Crock Pot.
3. Mix all remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken wings.
4. Cook, covered, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours. Stir once or twice to keep wings coated with sauce.
CROCK POT WHITE CHILI WITH CHICKEN
1 lb. dry white northern beans
5 1/4 cups chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large white onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 (7 oz.) can diced green chilies
5 cups diced cooked chicken breast
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1 Tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper (optional)
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Sliced black olives
1. Soak beans in water to cover for 24 hours then drain.
2. In slow cooker/Crock Pot or large kettle, combine beans, 5 1/4 cup chicken broth, garlic, onion, white pepper, salt, oregano, cumin, cloves.
3. Simmer on low, covered, for at least 5 hours until beans are tender. Stir occasionally.
4. Stir in green chiles, chicken and 1 3/4 chicken broth. For hotter taste, add jalapeno.
5. Cover and simmer for 1 more hour. Serve with flour tortillas and condiments.
CROCK POT EASY CHICKEN
1 chicken, cut up
2 Tablespoons melted butter
Salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons dry Italian salad dressing
1 can mushroom soup
2 small pkg. cream cheese, cut in cubes
1/2 cup sherry
1 Tablespoon chopped onion
1. Wash chicken and pat dry. Brush with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper sparingly. Place in crock pot.
2. Sprinkle dry salad mix over chicken. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
3. About 3/4 hour before serving, mix soup, cream cheese, wine and onion in saucepan. Cook until smooth.
4. Pour over chicken, cover and cook 30 minutes. Serve with sauce.