Yield: 4 servings
Exchanges per serving:
½ Medium-Fat Meat
½ cup skim milk
¼ cup granulated sugar substitute with aspartame (such as Equal Spoonful), divided
2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
2 egg whites
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 (1-ounce) sliced French bread (1inch thick)
Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
Sugar-free syrup (optional)
Assorted fresh berries (optional)
1. Combine milk, 2 tablespoons sugar substitute, margarine, and next 3 ingredients in an 8-inch square baking dish; stir well.
2. Arrange bread slices over egg mixture, and let soak 5 minutes on each side.
3. Coat a nonstick griddle with cooking spray, and preheat to 350 degrees F.
4. Cook bread slices 6 minutes on each side or until golden.
5. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar alternative.
6. If desired, serve with sugar-free syrup and fresh berries (syrup and fresh berries not included in analysis).
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!