Yield: 4 servings
Exchanges per serving:
½ Medium-Fat Meat
½ cup skim milk
¼ cup granulated sugar substitute with aspartame (such as Equal Spoonful), divided
2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
2 egg whites
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 (1-ounce) sliced French bread (1inch thick)
Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
Sugar-free syrup (optional)
Assorted fresh berries (optional)
1. Combine milk, 2 tablespoons sugar substitute, margarine, and next 3 ingredients in an 8-inch square baking dish; stir well.
2. Arrange bread slices over egg mixture, and let soak 5 minutes on each side.
3. Coat a nonstick griddle with cooking spray, and preheat to 350 degrees F.
4. Cook bread slices 6 minutes on each side or until golden.
5. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar alternative.
6. If desired, serve with sugar-free syrup and fresh berries (syrup and fresh berries not included in analysis).