Baked Fish and Chips
Yield: 4 servings
Exchanges per serving:
3 Lean meat
½ pound baking potatoes, very thinly sliced
½ pound sweet potatoes, very thinly sliced
Vegetable cooking spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
¾ teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
4 4-ounce flounder fillets
1 cup soft whole wheat breadcrumbs, toasted
1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Place sliced potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush evenly with oil. Sprinkle rosemary and next 3 ingredients over potato slices.
2. Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until potato slices are lightly browned, turning once.
3. Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients.
4. Brush both sides of fish fillets with mixture.
5. Combine breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon pepper, and garlic powder; dredge fish in breadcrumb mixture.
6. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes.
7. Serve fish with potato slices. If desired, garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon wedges.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!