Baked Fish and Chips
Yield: 4 servings
Exchanges per serving:
3 Lean meat
½ pound baking potatoes, very thinly sliced
½ pound sweet potatoes, very thinly sliced
Vegetable cooking spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
¾ teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
4 4-ounce flounder fillets
1 cup soft whole wheat breadcrumbs, toasted
1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Place sliced potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush evenly with oil. Sprinkle rosemary and next 3 ingredients over potato slices.
2. Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until potato slices are lightly browned, turning once.
3. Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients.
4. Brush both sides of fish fillets with mixture.
5. Combine breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon pepper, and garlic powder; dredge fish in breadcrumb mixture.
6. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes.
7. Serve fish with potato slices. If desired, garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon wedges.