Yield: 6 servings
Exchanges per serving:
3 Lean Meat
Olive-oil flavored vegetable cooking spray
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 ½ cups soft breadcrumbs, lightly toasted
¼ cup freshly grated Romano cheese
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
6 4-ounce salmon fillets
Lemon wedges (optional)
Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
2. Add basil and lemon juice; sauté 1 minute. Add breadcrumbs, cheese, and pepper; toss well.
3. Place fish in a single layer in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon breadcrumb mixture evenly over fish.
4. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
5. Broil 5 ½ inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 3 to 5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve with lemon wedges, and garnish with basil, if desired.