Yield: 6 servings
Exchanges per serving:
3 Lean Meat
Olive-oil flavored vegetable cooking spray
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 ½ cups soft breadcrumbs, lightly toasted
¼ cup freshly grated Romano cheese
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
6 4-ounce salmon fillets
Lemon wedges (optional)
Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
2. Add basil and lemon juice; sauté 1 minute. Add breadcrumbs, cheese, and pepper; toss well.
3. Place fish in a single layer in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon breadcrumb mixture evenly over fish.
4. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
5. Broil 5 ½ inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 3 to 5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve with lemon wedges, and garnish with basil, if desired.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!