Broiled Shrimp Kabobs
Yield: 8 servings
Exchanges per serving:
3 Very Lean Meat
4 pounds large fresh unpeeled shrimp
1 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup commercial oil-free Italian dressing
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons ground ginger
Vegetable cooking spray
Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
1. Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Place shrimp in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
2. Combine onion and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over shrimp. Seal bag securely, and shake well. Marinate shrimp in refrigerator at least 40 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
3. Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes.
4. Thread shrimp evenly onto eight 12-inch skewers.
5. Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Place rack over medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees F). Place skewers on rack; grill, covered, 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done, turning and basting frequently with marinade. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!