Broiled Shrimp Kabobs
Yield: 8 servings
Exchanges per serving:
3 Very Lean Meat
4 pounds large fresh unpeeled shrimp
1 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup commercial oil-free Italian dressing
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons ground ginger
Vegetable cooking spray
Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
1. Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Place shrimp in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
2. Combine onion and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over shrimp. Seal bag securely, and shake well. Marinate shrimp in refrigerator at least 40 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
3. Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes.
4. Thread shrimp evenly onto eight 12-inch skewers.
5. Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Place rack over medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees F). Place skewers on rack; grill, covered, 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done, turning and basting frequently with marinade. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.