Yield: 4 servings
Exchanges per serving:
2 Very Lean Meat
1 cup fusilli (corkscrew pasta), uncooked
½ pound fresh asparagus
Vegetable cooking spray
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine, melted and divided
2 small carrots, scraped and cut into very thin strips
½ medium-size green pepper, chopped
1 green onion, cut into ½-inch pieces
3 tablespoons dry white wine
1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups skim milk
1 ½ tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chicken-flavored bouillon granules
½ pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
1. Cook fusilli according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Cut asparagus into 1 ½-inch pieces
3. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon margarine. Add asparagus, carrot, pepper, and onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add wine. cook over medium heat until liquid evaporates. Remove from skillet; set aside.
4. Add margarine to skillet; place over low heat. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until thickened. Add cheese and bouillon granules; stir well.
5. Coat an 11x7x1½ inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine pasta, vegetables, cooking spray. Combine pasta, vegetables, cheese sauce, and crabmeat. Spoon into baking dish.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve casserole immediately.