Yield: 4 servings
Exchanges per serving:
2 Very Lean Meat
1 cup fusilli (corkscrew pasta), uncooked
½ pound fresh asparagus
Vegetable cooking spray
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine, melted and divided
2 small carrots, scraped and cut into very thin strips
½ medium-size green pepper, chopped
1 green onion, cut into ½-inch pieces
3 tablespoons dry white wine
1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups skim milk
1 ½ tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chicken-flavored bouillon granules
½ pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
1. Cook fusilli according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Cut asparagus into 1 ½-inch pieces
3. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon margarine. Add asparagus, carrot, pepper, and onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add wine. cook over medium heat until liquid evaporates. Remove from skillet; set aside.
4. Add margarine to skillet; place over low heat. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until thickened. Add cheese and bouillon granules; stir well.
5. Coat an 11x7x1½ inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine pasta, vegetables, cooking spray. Combine pasta, vegetables, cheese sauce, and crabmeat. Spoon into baking dish.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve casserole immediately.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!