Flounder en Papillote
Yield: 2 servings
Exchanges per serving:
3 Very Lean Meat
Vegetable cooking spray
¼ cup chopped green onions
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoon dry white wine
2 4-ounce flounder fillets
¾ cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup chopped plum tomato
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon chopped Serrano chili pepper
2 bay leaves
1. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add green onions and garlic; sauté until tender. Remove from skillet from heat; stir in wine. Set aside.
2. Cut 2 12-inch squares of parchment paper; fold each square in half, and trim each into a heart shape. Place parchment hearts on a baking sheet, and open out flat. Coat open side of parchment paper with cooking spray.
3. Place 1 fillet on half of each parchment heart near the crease. Spoon mushrooms evenly over fillets; top evenly with tomato. Combine oregano and next 4 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over fillets. Top each fillet with a bay leaf. Spoon onion mixture evenly over fillets.
4. Fold paper edges over to seal securely. Starting with rounded edges of hearts, pleat and crimp edges of parchment to make an airtight seal. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes or until packets are puffed and lightly browned.
5. Place packets on individual plates; cut an opening in the top of each packet; fold paper back. Serve immediately.