Yield: 6 servings
Exchanges per serving: 3 Very Lean Meat
6 4-ounce flounder fillets
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons granulated sugar substitute
1 tablespoon mixed peppercorns, crushed
Vegetable cooking spray
Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
1. Place fish fillets in a shallow baking dish.
2. Combine soy sauce and next 3 ingredients; pour over fish. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
3. Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle fish evenly with crushed peppercorns, gently pressing pepper into fish.
4. Place fish on rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 5 ½ inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
5. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.