Harvest Corn Muffins
Yield: 18 muffins
Exchanges per muffin: 1 Starch
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granulated brown sugar substitute
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
1 cup skim milk
3 tablespoons diced pimiento, drained
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
Vegetable cooking spray
½ cup (2 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add brown sugar substitute, oregano, and white pepper. Make a well in center of mixture.
2. Combine pumpkin and next 6 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
3. Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full.
4. Sprinkle cheese over batter.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans immediately.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!