Yield: 10 pinwheels
Exchanges per pinwheel:
Vegetable cooking spray
½ cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons margarine
3 tablespoons skim milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add green onions and parsley; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk and egg; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 5 or 6 times. Shape dough into a ball; wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and freeze 10 minutes.
4. Remove plastic wrap. Roll dough into a 10x8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread onion mixture over dough. Carefully roll up dough, jellyroll fashion, starting at long end. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze 10 minutes.
5. Remove plastic wrap. Cut roll into 1-inch slices. Place slices, cut side down, in muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans, and serve warm.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!