Poppy Seed Pretzels
Yield: 16 pretzels
Exchanges per pretzel: 1 starch
1 cup water
2 tablespoons margarine
1 16-ounce package hot roll mix
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
Vegetable cooking spray
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1. Combine 1 cup water and margarine in a small saucepan; heat until margarine melts, stirring occasionally. Cool to 120 to 130 degrees F.
2. Combine roll mix and yeast from packet in a large mixing bowl.
3. Gradually add margarine mixture and beaten egg white, beating at medium speed of an electric mixture 4 minutes or until blended.
4. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour evenly over work surface.
5. Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
6. Divide dough into 16 equal portions.
7. Roll each portion into a 22-inch rope. Twist each rope into a pretzel shape.
8. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
9. Combine egg white and 1 tablespoon water; mix well.
10. Brush pretzels with egg white mixture; sprinkle with poppy seeds.
11. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
12. Let cool on wire racks.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!