Yield: 2 servings
Exchanges per serving:
2 Lean Meat
¾ cup canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
1 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon sesame oil
Vegetable cooking spray
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 ¼ cups diagonally sliced carrot
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 6-ounce package frozen snow pea pods, thawed
½ cup diagonally sliced green onions
1 tablespoon peeled, minced ginger
½ pound fresh bay scallops
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Set aside.
2. Coat a wok or nonstick skillet with cooking spray; drizzle vegetable oil around top of wok, coating sides. Heat at medium-high (375 degrees F) until hot. Add carrot; stir-fry 1 minute.
3. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 minute. Add snow peas; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove vegetables from wok; set aside, and keep warm. Wipe drippings from wok with a paper towel.
4. Coat wok with cooking spray. Add green onions and ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add scallops; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
5. Add vegetables to wok; stir well. Pour broth mixture over vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until slightly thickened and thoroughly heated.