Sweet and Sour Scallops
Yield: 4 servings
Exchanges per serving:
3 Very Lean Meat
1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon granulated brown sugar substitute
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
½ teaspoon chicken-flavored bouillon granules
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Vegetable cooking spray
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 medium-size green pepper, cut into ¾-inch pieces
1 pound fresh sea scallops
½ cup seedless red grapes, halved
2 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
1. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add water to juice to make ½ cup liquid.
2. Combine cornstarch and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Add pineapple juice mixture; stir well. Set aside.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add green pepper; sauté 1 minute.
4. Add scallops and cornstarch mixture; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until scallops are opaque and mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in grapes and pineapple chunks.
5. To serve, spoon ½ cup rice onto each serving plate; spoon scallop mixture evenly over rice.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!