Sweet and Sour Scallops
Yield: 4 servings
Exchanges per serving:
3 Very Lean Meat
1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon granulated brown sugar substitute
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
½ teaspoon chicken-flavored bouillon granules
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Vegetable cooking spray
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 medium-size green pepper, cut into ¾-inch pieces
1 pound fresh sea scallops
½ cup seedless red grapes, halved
2 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
1. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add water to juice to make ½ cup liquid.
2. Combine cornstarch and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Add pineapple juice mixture; stir well. Set aside.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add green pepper; sauté 1 minute.
4. Add scallops and cornstarch mixture; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until scallops are opaque and mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in grapes and pineapple chunks.
5. To serve, spoon ½ cup rice onto each serving plate; spoon scallop mixture evenly over rice.