For the marinade:
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons dark honey
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 firm yet ripe pineapple
1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
1. Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler (grill).
2. To make the marinade, in a large bowl, combine the olive oil, cloves, cinnamon, honey and lime juice and whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Cut off the crown of leaves and the base of the pineapple. Stand the pineapple upright and, using a large, sharp knife, pare off the skin, cutting downward just below the surface in long, vertical strips. Cut off any remaining small brown "eyes" on the fruit. Stand the peeled pineapple upright and cut it in half lengthwise. Place each pineapple half cut-side down and cut it lengthwise into four long wedges; slice away the core.
4. Place the pineapple in the bowl with the marinade and stir to coat the pineapple.
5. Place on the grill and cook about 3 to 4 minutes, basting once or twice with the remaining marinade. Turn the fruit and move it to a cooler part of the grill or reduce the heat. Baste again with the marinade. Grill until the pineapple is tender and golden, about 3 more minutes.
6. Remove the pineapple from the grill and place on a platter or individual serving plates. Brush with the rum, if using, and sprinkle with the lime zest. Serve hot or warm.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!