Summer Squash Casserole
2 pounds yellow squash, sliced
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 Tablespoons fine bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1. Place squash, onion, and green pepper in a vegetable steamer over boiling water; cover and steam 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Combine steamed vegetables, cheese, eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; stir gently.
3. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Combine bread crumbs, parsley, and paprika, stirring well. Sprinkle over squash mixture.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.