Baked potato skins are great with a steak, and also work well as an appetizer for parties. If you want to kick it up a notch, add some mild or hot salsa on top of the potato.
4 large baking potatoes, baked
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
4 green onions, sliced (optional)
1. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and discard (or save for another recipe)leaving 1/4-inch shell.
2. Place skins on a greased baking sheet.
3. Combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper and brush all over potato skins.
4. Bake at 475° for about 8 minutes and turn over.Bake for another 8 minutes then turn right side up.
5. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar evenly inside of skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
6. Top with sour cream and onions, if desired. Serves 8.