Baked potato skins are great with a steak, and also work well as an appetizer for parties. If you want to kick it up a notch, add some mild or hot salsa on top of the potato.
4 large baking potatoes, baked
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
4 green onions, sliced (optional)
1. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and discard (or save for another recipe)leaving 1/4-inch shell.
2. Place skins on a greased baking sheet.
3. Combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper and brush all over potato skins.
4. Bake at 475° for about 8 minutes and turn over.Bake for another 8 minutes then turn right side up.
5. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar evenly inside of skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
6. Top with sour cream and onions, if desired. Serves 8.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!