Garlic Mushroom Risotto
Mushrooms and herbs are paired with garlic to make a delicious risotto recipe. Flavorful and easy to make, this out-of-the-ordinary side dish is sure to make any meal memorable.
1 lb. mushroom, sliced
4 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup risotto rice
3 cups hot chicken stock
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup romano cheese, shredded
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Saute mushrooms in butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a deep skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until soft.
3. Stir in the rice and cook 1 minute, coating rice with the oil.
4. Stir in 1 cup of the hot broth and let simmer until the liquid is mostly absorbed, stirring frequently.
5. Repeat with the remaining broth and hot water.
6. Test for doneness: the rice should be creamy and slightly chewy in the center, not dry. Add more hot liquid if necessary to cook longer.
7. Cook for a total of 20-25 minutes.
8. Stir in the mushrooms, cheese and parsley and season to taste.
9. Cook until warmed through. Serves 6.