Mushrooms and herbs are paired with garlic to make a delicious risotto recipe. Flavorful and easy to make, this out-of-the-ordinary side dish is sure to make any meal memorable.
1 lb. mushroom, sliced
4 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup risotto rice
3 cups hot chicken stock
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup romano cheese, shredded
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Saute mushrooms in butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a deep skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until soft.
3. Stir in the rice and cook 1 minute, coating rice with the oil.
4. Stir in 1 cup of the hot broth and let simmer until the liquid is mostly absorbed, stirring frequently.
5. Repeat with the remaining broth and hot water.
6. Test for doneness: the rice should be creamy and slightly chewy in the center, not dry. Add more hot liquid if necessary to cook longer.
7. Cook for a total of 20-25 minutes.
8. Stir in the mushrooms, cheese and parsley and season to taste.
9. Cook until warmed through. Serves 6.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!