A few simple but wonderfully fragrant herbs combine with broccoli and tomatoes to make an elegant yet easy side dish. Perfect for beef, chicken or fish, this versatile side dish is a favorite with dinner.
1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1. Heat 1 inch water to boiling in a skillet. Add broccoli, heat to boiling.
2. Boil 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
3. In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.
5. Remove skillet from heat, add broccoli and toss gently to coat.