Oven Roast Recipe
This oven roast recipe turns ordinary rump roast into a delicious meal. Rump roast comes from, well, the hindquarters of the animal. It is often underrated but processes wonderful flavor. With a few simple ingredients we all have in the pantry, this meal will fill your house with an enticing aroma that’ll bring even the fussiest eater to the dinner table.
The seasoning consisting of Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder and seasoned salt does most of the work for you. It’s a great “throw in the oven” meal that you can prepare in advance.
1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless rump roast
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Rub roast with Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce; rub next 3 ingredients into meat.
3. Wrap roast tightly in a double thickness of aluminum foil or in heavy-duty aluminum foil and place in roasting pan.
4. Bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.
5. Carefully unwrap roast, pouring drippings into baking dish. Place roast on a serving platter; keep warm.
6. Measure drippings; add water to make 3 cups. Pour into a saucepan, add flour, and whisk until
smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and smooth, whisking constantly.
7. Serve with the roast and mashed or boiled new potatoes.