Roasted green beans are a favorite side dish at any holiday dinner. Perfect for any meal, they compliment meat or fish wonderfully.
2 lbs. fresh green beans
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash, dry, and trim green beans.
3. Place green beans in a single layer on a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Roll the beans in the oil and salt to evenly coat.
6. Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until beans are fairly brown in spots and somewhat shriveled. Serves 6.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!