8 to 10 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup olive oil
4 russet potatoes
2 Tablespoons butter
1/3 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Asiago cheese, grated
2 Tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Put the garlic and olive oil in a heavy saucepan over lowest possible heat and simmer until soft; 30 to 40 minutes.
2. Drain off oil (reserve for marinades or vinaigrettes).
3. Puree garlic; set aside.
4. Meanwhile, prick potatoes with a fork and bake in a 400°F oven for 1 hour, or until soft. While still hot, peel and mash, or pass through a potato ricer.
5. Melt butter in heavy cream; whisk in puréed garlic.
6. Stir into potatoes.
7. Stir in cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
8. Spoon into a gratin dish.
9. Place in a 400 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.