Sweet potato casserole is one of those Thanksgiving dinner traditions that sometimes gets more attention than the turkey itself.
This sinfully delicious sweet potato casserole is filled with fluffy sweet potatoes on the inside and a crunchy pecan topping.
It is the perfect sweet side dish for turkey, or any other light meat.
4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 cup light cream
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Mix casserole ingredients together, beating well until smooth.
2. Place into greased 2 quart casserole dish.
3. Combine brown sugar and flour for topping, being sure to smooth any lumps.
4. Add pecans and butter to topping mixture. Pour topping evenly over top of sweet potatoes in casserole dish.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 25 to 35 minutes. Serves 8.