Three ingredients combine to smother chicken in a savory mexican inspired chicken recipe. Topped with salsa and cheese, plain chicken breasts get kicked up quite a few notches. Serve with rice and tortilla chips for a hearty meal.
Mexican Chicken Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar salsa
1 (16 ounce) package Monterey jack cheese
1. In a 9x13 pan, cover the chicken breasts with the salsa.
2. Cover with foil, bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25 minutes longer.
3. Cover each chicken breast with Monterey jack cheese.
4. Bake for 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
5. Serve with white rice and tortilla chips.