1/2 lb ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. In another bowl combine ketchup, milk, butter, eggs and mustard.
5. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
6. Fold in the beef mixture and shredded cheese.
8. Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. /
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
10. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Makes 5 dozen.