4 whole chicken breasts (boneless)
1 1/2 sticks butter (add more as needed, butter reduces with cooking)
1/2 lb. Mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms (optional)
1. Slice chicken breasts into serving size pieces. Place chicken in slightly beaten egg for 1 hour and refrigerate.
2. If using mushrooms, sauté and set aside.
3. Roll chicken pieces in breadcrumbs and fry in butter until brown (about 10 minutes). Add additional butter as needed for frying.
4. Place chicken in 9 x 13 dish and place mushrooms on top (if using).
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven.
6. Remove from oven, place Mozzarella cheese cheese on top.
7. Place chicken back in oven until cheese melts.
Try one of our fan-favorite chicken recipes: