Pork Chops with Apples Ingredients:
4 bone-in pork loin chops (¾ inch thick and 7 ounces each)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 large green apple, cut into thin wedges
1 large red apple, cut into thin wedges
2 Tablespoons honey mustard
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side.
2. Season with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm.
3. In the same skillet, sauté onions and apple wedges until crisp-tender.
4. Combine mustard and brown sugar; brush over chops.
5. Return to the skillet; cook for 4 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Candied Sweet Potatoes Ingredients:
1 can (40 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
2 cups miniature marshmallows (optional topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the sweet potato pieces into a lightly buttered 2 quart baking dish.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over the sweet potatoes.
3. Bake 40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
4. If you are using the miniature marshmallows as topping, remove the casserole from oven and stir gently to coat potatoes in syrup; then top with the marshmallows.
5. Bake, uncovered, additional 7 to 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden brown.