Strawberries and pork are a flavor combination that not only tastes fantastic, but also help make a super easy recipe for busy weeknights.
1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and drained with juice reserved
½ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
4 center cut boneless loin pork chops
1. In a bowl, combine the reserved strawberry juice with water to make 1 cup.
2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch, then stir in the strawberry juice.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and becomes clear.
4. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and the strawberries.
5. Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over high heat. When butter just begins to turn golden, add pork chops.
6. Reduce heat to medium and sauté 8-10 minutes, turning chops frequently, until brown on the outside and cooked throughout (no pink on the inside).
7. Top the pork chops with the strawberry sauce and serve. Makes 4 servings.