Strawberries and pork are a flavor combination that not only tastes fantastic, but also help make a super easy recipe for busy weeknights.
1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and drained with juice reserved
½ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
4 center cut boneless loin pork chops
1. In a bowl, combine the reserved strawberry juice with water to make 1 cup.
2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch, then stir in the strawberry juice.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and becomes clear.
4. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and the strawberries.
5. Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over high heat. When butter just begins to turn golden, add pork chops.
6. Reduce heat to medium and sauté 8-10 minutes, turning chops frequently, until brown on the outside and cooked throughout (no pink on the inside).
7. Top the pork chops with the strawberry sauce and serve. Makes 4 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.