Salisbury Steak Ingredients:
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1½ pounds ground beef
½ cup dry bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup water
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon mustard powder
1. In a large bowl, mix together ⅓ cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper. Shape into 6 oval patties.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
3. In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth. Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
4. Pour over meat in skillet. Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Onion Roasted Potatoes Ingredients:
1 envelope Lipton onion recipe soup mix
2 lb. all-purpose potatoes, cut into large chunks
⅓ cup olive or vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In large plastic bag, add all ingredients.
2. Close bag and shake until potatoes are evenly coated.
3. Empty potatoes into shallow baking or roasting pan; discard bag.
4. Bake, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
5. Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley.
Serve Salisbury Steak and potatoes with buttered corn on the cob.