Spicy Shrimp and Broccoli Ingredients:
½ cup water
¼ cup sake, rice wine or chicken broth
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons chili puree with garlic
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
¾ pound fresh or frozen (thawed) uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
1½ cups broccoli flowerets
1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips
4 medium green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
⅓ cup peanuts
4 cups hot cooked rice
1. Mix water, sake, cornstarch, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce and chili puree.
2. Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add oil; rotate wok to coat side.
3. Add shrimp, garlic and gingerroot; stir-fry 1 minute.
4. Add broccoli, bell pepper and onions; stir-fry until shrimp are pink and firm.
5. Stir in sake mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
6. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve over rice.